The day to day, comical happenings and sweet moments from my life as a nanny.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Minnesota

Wow this has been quite the whirlwind couple weeks!  Just so you all know I AM still moving forward with the whole "Nanny Agent" thing...I just need to survive October first.   Also, I'm still undecided about a name. I have a hard time committing to something so concrete. :P

Last weekend I had a very rare opportunity to go to MN with Angie (NO kids) and see my amazing brother and sister-in-law.   As some of you know I went to school up in Minnesota, graduated 2 1/2 yrs ago, packed my car, moved, and haven't been back since.   I hadn't seen my brother and sister-in-law in a year and a half, so it would be an understatement to say that I was excited about this weekend trip.

It was wonderful.

Very short, but wonderful nonetheless.







Thursday, Kerrie (my sis-in-law), met us at Mall of America and we spent the afternoon/evening wandering around (brought back lots of college memories) and catching up on life. One of my dear college friends even stopped by to hang out.  Then when my brother met us all after work and we went out for refreshments and chips and salsa together and reminisced about old times.

 


where the bro works


                                       
Friday was spent visiting my brother where he works (Target Headquarters) and hanging out at Caribou. Then spent the evening in our PJ's eating pizza, watching Modern Family and playing with their pup Ajax.   It was such a sweet time with them and made me miss them even more. Why does Tennessee have to be so far away from Minnesota and Colorado????

Ajax
Cutest little family
brings back so many memories










Angie rockin it as usual
Saturday we just had to stop by Women of Faith and see Angie speak...it was the first time I actually was able to sit through her whole talk at an W.O.F. event and it was so special to be able to share that with my family.  Only my younger brother has met the Smiths, who have become like family to me and so it was so important to me that my older brother and sister get to spend some time with Angie.  
Anyone else live far from your family and sometimes you feel like you have two or three separate lives?
For a weekend it was nice to have those lives merge.








 That's my little update. We are still having issues getting Internet...although we have now been billed for two months worth of Internet...we still don't actually have it...hmmmmmm. Once we do though I will be writing much more consistently and begin writing more info sections geared towards nannies.
Have a wonderful rest of your week my dear blogger friends.
Kels

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had fun in MN - we had beautiful weather for your visit huh?! And Angie did an AMAZING job on Saturday didn't she?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you get this all the time, but you and Angie look like you could be sisters! Looks like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete