The day to day, comical happenings and sweet moments from my life as a nanny.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dessert Obsession

So I'm not a health nut, but I do love to try to eat healthy and have been trying to learn some ways to switch to eating more organic/non-processed foods. However, I will NOT give up my love of baked goods and desserts...taking chocolate, ice cream, and peanut butter away from me would be like taking away all the oxygen from the earth...ok maybe I'm exaggerating, but seriously...no delicious desserts? I'm not ok with those "healthy" alternatives that really just taste like dirt.  

So you can imagine my excitement when I came across this blog while searching Pinterest (a whole different obsession). Every Delicious looking, healthy dessert lead me to this Katie person.
  First of all, this Katie girl seems like someone I would just want to hang out with (and maybe she would let me be a taste tester), second of all she is a healthy dessert recipe genius.

I'm obsessed.

 Ok, ok....so I haven't actually tried any of her recipes (I'm on a bit of a diet kick right now, but as soon as it's over you can bet I'll be making all of these).   I trust her when she says she took her cookie dough dip to a party and didn't tell anyone it was healthy, only to have it be the big hit.  The list of chocolate peanut butter and pumpkin recipes is to die for and she has soy free, diary free, gluten free, raw, high protein, and sugar free recipe options. The other thing I LOVE is that she has recipes for single servings. This is great when you don't live in a household of people and you don't want to end up eating an entire batch of cookies or muffins by yourself.  

I nanny and babysit for some kids and even parents who have major allergies and diet restrictions and it can be hard for kids when they don't get to eat yummy treats like everyone else.
I'm also super excited to try some of these out on the picky eaters I nanny. Hehe...I'm gonna be the coolest nanny handing over cookies and pies...they're never gonna know that I'm actually getting them the fiber, protein, etc that they need.  
Thank you chocolate covered Katie for taking over my life and making me sleep deprived from scouring your blog all night.

1 comment:

  1. ChocolatecoveredkatieOctober 8, 2011 at 5:26 PM

    Oh wow, I don't even know what to say. Thank you so much for such sweet words!

    Please please come visit me so you can be a taste tester... it's a hard life, eating all this chocolate by myself ;).

    ReplyDelete